We're excited to bring a hardworking Ruby on Rails Developer into our team to help us build performant web apps in 2020 and beyond. This includes everything from architecting and building these web applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
You’ll support on a number of initiatives, including...
1. Develop web applications with Ruby on Rails based on designs and wireframes
2. Design and build backend APIs for frontend web applications
3. Work on bug fixing, code refactoring and improving application performance
4. Practice writing clean and maintainable codes according to best practices
5. Contribute to an agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software
6. Collaborate with design team by providing inputs and suggestions on the feasibility to their designs
7. Contribute towards the overall learning experience of the team
8. Communicate with clients to understand their requirements and preferences.
9. Keeping the systems and processes organised and running smoothly within the Company
What success looks like for this role:
Your job is to support your team on all things web app development in an efficient manner. Your success will be measured by your ability to deliver clean codes that solves complex business challenges according to requirements.
Energising and delighting our customers is integral to everything we do here at Upstack Studio, and this should be apparent in the way you approach your work here. You should constantly be thinking about how your efforts can surprise, delight, energise, and add value to our customers, and you should use this value as a North Star when deciding how to approach something, and also as a motivation to think creatively in your development work.
What’s in it for you:
1. You will have the opportunity to learn a lot in a short amount of time, building your skill set and resume very quickly
2. We’ll invest in your education to help you do your job as best you can
3. You will be encouraged to have opinions, bring ideas and contribute in a real way
4. You’ll be a part of a passionate, energetic team in a fun and exciting working environment
1. Malaysian citizen
2. 2 years of experience building Ruby on Rails applications
4. Good communication skills and a strong command of spoken and written English
5. Appreciate great design and craftsmanship
6. Detail-oriented with eyes sensitive to the aesthetics of UI layout
7. Highly motivated team player comfortable with communicating your thought process
8. Able to see from the client's perspective and give apt suggestions on how to improve products
9. Thirst for knowledge and challenges
10. Include "ROR-US-2020" somewhere in your application so that we know you've actually read this