A passion for research, and uncovering the unknown about internet threats and threat actors.
1. The first point of contact for security incident notifications from customers, service desks, IT engineers and administrator during emergencies
2. Develop a professional working relationship with fellow analysts.
1. General SIEM monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance.
1. React to security alerts and security events of interest from defense systems like IDS, endpoint protection and other security-related systems
2. Research, analyze and respond to alerts; including log retrieval and documentation.
3. Conduct an analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms.
4. Analyze malicious campaigns and evaluate the effectiveness of security technologies.
1. Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies.
2. Assist in incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, and remediation efforts.
3. Lead response and investigation efforts into advanced/targeted attacks.
4. Perform Root Cause Analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alert catalog.
5. Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient Security Operations.
6. Analyze cybersecurity alerts and data for false positive/true positive outcomes while modifying, alerts as needed.
7. Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc.
8. Escalate events to senior analysts and engineers as needed on a 24/7 rotating basis.
1. Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management.
2. Ensure the SOC analyst team is providing excellent customer service and support.
1. Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
2. Some working experience in the related field is required for this position.
3. Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
4. Ready to work in 24/7 shift timings.