• Ensure smooth month end closing activities & working to a tight deadline
o Fixed assets accounting (addition, retirement and reconciliation)
o Inventory accounting
o Intercompany accounting & AP, AR and reconciliations
o Posting journals
o Reviewing trial balance and month end reports
• Ensure timely preparation of balance sheet reconciliation and quality of supporting schedules, based on high, medium or low risk accounts.
• Cleaning up of aged items and work with interdepartmental (O2C,P2P Market) counterparts when issues arise on GL accounts
• Focal point for internal and external audit matters by ensuring timely submission of required financial supporting documents and information to auditors
• Maintain a strong financial control environment and ensure timely escalation and remediation of any control deficiencies identified.
• Ensure service level agreements (SLA) and monthly performance and productivity KPIs are met
• Ensure timely submission of local government reporting and surveys
• Develop new and update existing desktop procedures to reflect changes in process
• Provide clear guidance and training to junior team members
• Involvement in ad hoc R2R and SSC activities
• Providing support to other markets within the R2R function
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance or relevant Professional Qualification (ACCA / CPA / CIMA / MIA / ICAEW)
• At least 3.5 years relevant experience in accounting function
• Good understanding of accounting principles, standards, financial statements and reports
• Able to work effectively as a member in multi-functional teams
• Experienced in dealing with key stakeholders
• Computer literate with basic knowledge in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in English with good communication and writing skills