• To perform mechanical design related task for new products and support existing products to ensure product design quality and overall product performance.
• To conduct feasibility study for both design concept and manufacturing technology – critical design and review.
• To design mechanical structure from layout to components to assembly.
• To generate Bill of Material (BOM), initiate required changes using Change Notice (CN) and ensuring its’ accuracy.
• To perform Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA) and follow-up actions to ensure design quality and product specification are complied with.
• To support product prototyping, pilot run, evaluation, reliability test and ensure compliance to required safety standards or approvals.
• To assist with vendor management to achieve project key performance indicators such as cost, engineering performance and lead-time.
• To comply with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and/or ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
• Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 4 to 8 years of relevant working experience in mechanical design of either telecommunication devices or audio visual products or computer peripherals or automotive related products.
• Experience or knowledge in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) such as stress analysis, heat transfer and mold flow analysis.
• Hands on experience in 3D CAD skills, preferably Unigraphics/Solidworks.
• Design background with experience in concept integration, structural and cosmetic design, plastic molding part, metal stamping and die casting would be an added advantage.
• Mature, analytical mind, result oriented, innovative and willing to take new challenges.
• Possess good communication skills and an excellent team player.