1. Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
2. Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
3. Writing press releases and other media communications to promote clients.
4. Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
5. Updating and maintaining Web content.
Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions
Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
Experience handling a press conference.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to pitch to media.
Knowledge of consumer marketing.
An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
Project and budget management skills.
Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
Quick and enthusiastic learner.