We are looking for an all-rounder that will strengthen our Technical Department; definitely a position which is not suitable for the faint-hearted. You will hire, train, and evaluate technical team members, develop, review, and improve policies, systems, and procedures, and generally ensuring the department operate smoothly and efficiently. You will also assist in developing and enforcing budgets, delegating tasks and tracking progress on projects, and planning and organizing a calendar of events, which may include meetings, presentations, training sessions, interviews, and policy or procedure updates.
To succeed as our Head of Technical, we need you to be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Broad knowledge in ICT is a must as the Technical Department includes programmers, IT & IoT engineers and computer technicians. Experienced in handling a wide range of technical, administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. You must be focused on ensuring attracting and retaining top talent and streamlining office operations to maximize quality and efficiency while reducing costs. You should be analytical, knowledgeable, and organized with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
Reporting directly to the CDO, you will oversee the infrastructure of technical operations, managing a team of technical employees, tracking technology in order to achieve business goals, eliminating security risks, increasing user satisfaction, and maintaining operations and systems. You will be responsible for providing technical and commercial support to the business decision making process. You will add value and contribute to the overall operational and strategic business planning.
The Head of Technical is to oversee the technical operations of the organisation. You will be in charge of the department's day-to-day functions including maintaining the facilities and supervising activities & staffs.
You will delegate tasks, ensure that resources are being utilized effectively and economically, and all tasks are on track according to the stipulated timelines. You are responsible for maintaining intra-office communication protocols, rationalizing administrative procedures, recordkeeping, and inventory control.
You will also deal with discovery of new technologies and prototypes via R&D, conduct technical review for products, and recommend latest technologies/ products to be included as part of the company’s offerings.
• Managing the Technical Department, including:
o Support operations by planning, organising, and implementing administrative procedures
o Hiring and supervision of employees
o Handling employees’ concerns and performances
o Provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency
o Developing employees’ personal growth opportunities
• Create and implement best practice engineering & IT vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
• Ensure that department strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of build design, from bid of contract to award and subsequently commissioning & handover
• Lead the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysis of returned tenders
• Develop planning and prioritise processes to ensure that multi-disciplinary resource is well aligned to maximise delivery of projects
• Directing and supporting the development of new software and hardware
• Developing and overseeing SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics for hardware, software, and storage
• Ensure all projects and activities are supported with appropriate documentations, technical drawings, verified coding and that this is appropriately stored
• Communicating with the technology team and other departments as collaboration requires
• Manage schedules and deadlines
• Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
• Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
• Managing the organization’s help desk (internal and external)
• Coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
• Overseeing departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
• Implementing executive policies
• Work with Sales and Marketing department on product development, market opportunities and trends
• Providing technical support to the business development, estimating and onsite technical teams
• Undertake any ad-hoc tasks assigned by C-Levels from time to time