This is a key position within the Compliance team for a strong candidate who is able to oversee anti-money laundering and KYC framework to ensure effective management of the local Compliance function which acts as a 2nd line of defence in Corporate.
• Contribute as part of the first Line of Defence to the compliance of applicable laws & Regulations, Internal codes of practice/Standards and policy and procedures.
• Provide legal advice and support to the Group related to legal and compliance matters.
• Conduct the proper AML/ KYC procedures in accordance with the local AML/KYC policy and regulations to ensure elimination of non-compliance.
• Advising various departments on AML/KYC compliance related issues and ensure all compliance framework and standards relating to AML/KYC are carried out efficiently and effectively.
• Draft, review and vetting through all legal documents, contracts with client/ business partner which may have legal impacts toward company.
• Develop the control system or SOP in monitoring on any violation of legal rules and policies.
• Maintain and prepare documentation of compliance activities such as complaints and investigation outcomes.
• Facilitate system implementation and system enhancement initiatives on AML/KYC.
• Coordinate reporting on AML/KYC matters to Group Compliance, Senior Management Team, and Board of Directors.
• Update and maintain Compliance Matrix and monitor the effective execution of Compliance Requirement Self-Assessment (CRSA) on various departments.
• Compile ad-hoc compliance breaches reported by various business & functional departments & monitoring of the timely resolutions of the respective corrective actions.
• Coordinate the departmental sign-offs and preparation of the CEO sign-off of the Compliance
• Execute Compliance Examination Program (CEP) to ensure compliance standards are met against
regulatory and group/internal guidelines, policies as well as operating procedures.
• Assist in conducting training/briefing on regulatory compliance policies and procedures where
• Reports non-compliant issues and oversees internal control deficiencies identified
• Provides recommendations for improving the organisation's operations in compliance process.
• Participation in cross-functional issues and projects.
• Undertake ad-hoc projects as assigned by Head of Compliance/ HOD.
• Degree preferably in Finance/Accounting/ Banking/ Investment or related field.
• Working experience in financial/ banking / investment industry is needed.
• Applicant with one to two years’ experience in crypto currency industry is an advantage.
• Solid experience of local regulatory regulations in investment through 3-5 years of progressive work experience.
• Working experience in forming, developing compliance policy and implement procedures to ensure compliance.
• Well verse in Malaysia's law rules and regulations.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities, to identify significant process risks and efficient and effective key controls.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a business-wide internal and external partners and influence and persuade them to take actions to enforce compliance.
• Self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, good team player, able to perform in a matrix structure.
• Ability to understand and challenge different points of view; influence and modify strong opinions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Malay.