Our client is hiring talented Database Administrators to join a growing global operations team. As a member of the Database Operations team, you will be joining a high-powered collaborative team responsible for delivery and support of private cloud database technology required for mission critical applications used by major brands across the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Be an active contributor in a geographically diverse team of database administrators.
2. Responsible for Oracle database administration activities in support of development and production systems support web-deployed applications utilized in the global delivery of single and multi-tenant SaaS applications.
3. Identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, provide data flow diagrams and document processes.
4. Write code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
5. Create and maintain global and end-user accounts and access.
6. Design and implement data archival and removal functions for maintaining database performance and efficiency.
7. Maintain data files and monitor systems configuration to ensure data integrity.
8. Perform database system back-up and recovery functions.
9. Monitor and assess database performance, tuning and create improvement strategies.
10. Execute, maintain and enhance Disaster Recovery procedures and strategies.
11. Implement data models and database designs.
12. Perform problem analysis and resolution tasks as part of an on-call support rotation.
13. Collaborate with other Global IT teams to provide services and support.
Skills & Qualities:
1. Demonstrated ability to analyze and research performance related issues.
2. Proficient in RMAN inclusive of recovery execution and configuring nocatalog and catalog rman.
3. Proficient using SQLExplain and Statistics
4. Familiar with operating in a *nix environment.
5. Familiar with encryption strategies and implementation.
6. Familiar with OEM utility.
7. Familiar with SQL Developer.
8. Ability to write, monitor, and maintain shell scripts in a *nix environment.
9. Highly motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative.
10. Demonstrated problem solving skill with excellent written and oral communication skill.
11. Shell Scripting in BASH
12. Minimum outage migration to new DB releases using Golden Gate
1. 4-6 years’ hands-on experience with Oracle Database technology; inclusive of Enterprise Edition, RAC, Goldengate, Data Guard, and CLOBS/securefiles. Transparent Database Encryption (TDE), ASM
2. Oracle 12c DB, Oracle 12c Grid, Oracle 18c