Our client is hiring talented Systems Administrators to join a growing global operations team. As a Data Center Operations team member, you will be joining a collaborative team responsible for delivery and support of mission critical infrastructure used by major brands across the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for designing, building, developing, and managing infrastructure (compute, storage, backup, etc.) utilized in the global delivery of single and multi-tenant SaaS application.
2. Ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of SaaS environments.
3. Monitor, maintain, support and optimize all systems and associated networked applications.
4. Identify, analyze, and coordinate the repair of hardware and OS product failures, as needed.
5. Perform performance management functions (tuning, configuration, data collection, monitoring, and problem resolution) as required to ensure systems availability, integrity and performance.
6. Provide technical support (server and client-side) for periphery organizations (Engineering, Professional Services, Management, Customers, etc.)
7. Document system implementations, upgrades, and patches.
8. Perform problem analysis and resolution tasks for systems.
9. Develop and implement scripts to manage operational and administrative needs.
10. Design and implement security and performance tuning best practices.
11. Perform Disaster Recovery tests and improve DR plans to ensure SLAs and SLOs are met.
12. Ensure that all process are compliant with internal policy and audit requirements and internally approval processes are respected.
Skills & Qualities:
1. Strong RHEL, CentOS administration and troubleshooting skills.
2. Proficient with SAN/NAS storage administration.
3. Proficient with Unix Shell scripting: ksh, perl, awk.
4. Proficient with Networking technologies and common TCP/IP protocols and applications: NFS, SAMBA, SMTP, SSL, SSH, SFTP, PKI.
5. Proficient in VMWare administration.
6. Familiarity with Enterprise back-up software (Veeam or NetBackup), backup, replication and recovery management, and business continuity planning
7. Familiarity with Oracle RDBMS and WebLogic Server a plus
8. Familiarity with Web-based technologies; reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three-tier web architecture.
9. Familiarity with disk-based backup appliances and Hyper Converged Infrastructure, EMC Data Domain and DELL VxRAIL respectively preferred.
10. Demonstrable motivation, initiative and critical thinking skills while working within a global operations team.
11. Problem solving skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. 4+ years’ hands-on experience with RHEL, CentOS.
2. 4+ years’ hands-on experience with TCP/IP, apache, scripting, log analysis, cron, mail, and user management.
3. 2+ years’ experience with SAN storage administration.
4. 2+ years’ experience with server and/or storage backup software with Netbackup and/or Data Domain being advantageous
5. 4+ years’ experience managing large scale (300+) deployments of RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and/or IBM AIX servers. RedHat or IBM AIX certification will be highly advantageous
6. 4+ years’ experience in large scale data center virtualization (1000s of servers) VMWare vSphere preferable. VMWare certification will be highly advantageous.
7. 4+ years’ experience in managing large scale NAS, SAN and vSAN deployments on NetApp, Dell/EMC or IBM SAN storage being highly advantageous.
8. AIX 6.1 and higher hands-on experience is a nice to have.
9. IBM Power 7/8 hands-on experience is a nice to have.
10. IBM BigFix patch management and reporting experience is a nice to have.