Our client is hiring talented Windows Server Administrators to join a growing global operations team. As a Data Center Operations team member, you will be joining a collaborative team delivering mission critical SaaS infrastructure used by major brands around the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implementation, management, and support of VMWare hosted Windows virtual machines.
2. Establish best practices for standardized and automated deployment of Windows based instances in context with security, backup, redundancy, and performance.
3. Measure and maintain reliability and availability of Windows virtual hosts through instrumentation, monitoring, performance tuning, security vulnerability management, and capacity planning.
4. Ensure the stability, integrity, efficient operation and security of Windows servers.
5. Planning and impact analysis for OS patches and configuration changes.
6. Document system implementations, upgrades, and patching strategy.
7. Support and maintain Active Directory and Group policies.
8. Perform problem analysis and resolution tasks as part of an on-call support rotation.
9. Participate in disaster recovery strategy, design, implementation and exercises.
Skills & Qualities:
1. Proficient with Windows Server administration, Active Directory, DNS, and WSFC.
2. Proficient with scripting languages; PowerShell, batch, command line and 3rd party utilities.
3. Familiar with networking; VLANs, SMTP, NFS, CIFS, and backup software and strategies.
4. Experience with security software (ie Bitlocker and Cyclance) and tools will be an added advantage.
5. Proficient with Disaster Recovery methods and procedures.
6. Demonstrable motivation and initiative in working with a global operations team.
7. Problem solving skill with excellent written and oral communication skill.
Special Work Hours Requirement:
• Participate in incident handling and off-hours/weekend maintenance activities, as necessary.
• This position requires participation in an on-call rotation
1. 4-6 years’ primary experience as a Windows Server Administrator.