We are looking to hire a Magazine Editor with outstanding writing, editing and creative skills. Magazine Editors are expected to possess fantastic planning, organizational and staff management skills with the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Magazine Editors should demonstrate a superb command of Bahasa Malaysia with a keen interest in shaping a publication to distinguish the content to its target audience. Top candidates will display a great understanding of target audiences, and exhibit remarkable negotiation and decision-making skills.
1. Bachelors degree in Communications/Journalism or related (essential).
2. 3 years of work experience as a Magazine Editor.
3. Demonstrable experience in producing relevant content to target audiences.
4. Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key publication influencers.
6. Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
7. Good understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS).
8. Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
9. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
11. Excellent negotiation skills.
12. Ability to understand and influence target audiences.