1) Responsible for all purchasing task.
2) Responsible for sourcing, quotations, price negotiation and delivery of products & services meeting the requirements set.
3) Responsible for cost comparison, negotiation, credit terms, cost saving and vendor evaluation activities.
4) To prepare purchase order to local & overseas suppliers; follow up on purchase orders for acknowledgement and acceptance by supplier
5) To ensure delivery is on track and according to planned schedule
6) To liaise and co-ordinate with forwarding agents & shippers, suppliers, Customs & Port Aurthorities and internal departments, to ensure prompt, accurate & effective delivery and clearance of goods with minimum charges.
7) To co-ordinate with the Store Keeper for the inventory level and to ensure all goods received had been GRN.
8) To ensure all suppliers invoices with related supporting documents has submitted to account department within the cut off date.
9) To prepare & submit weekly and monthly purchasing reports on time and attend weekly and monthly meeting.
10) To participate in ISO audit related matters
Other ad hoc duties assigned.
1) Good communication & negotiation skills.
2) Action & Result oriented.
3) Able to work independently with minimum supervision and strong self-discipline.
4) Able to work under stress and short period of time for the processing of purchase order.
5) Ability to multi-tasking, prioritize workload and delegate task.
6) Must be honest, positive, co-operative, follow instructions and be always reponsible & accountable for all your job functions, duties & activities.
7) Knowledge in English, Malay and Mandarin languages will be added advantage.