1. Responsible for handling the full cycle of purchasing activities which includes inventory planning and stock control, process purchase orders, follow up on the delivery order as well as price negotiations.
2. Responsible for the supplier selection, price benchmarking, contract negotiation as well as monitoring the performance of suppliers.
3. Ensure contracts are in place for all suppliers inclusive of terms and conditions, payment terms and delivery schedules.
4. Maintain a supplier database to monitor supplier’s performance in the areas of service, quality and responsiveness to demand changes.
5. Identify cost reductions, efficiency opportunities and contribute to the achievement of efficiency targets.
6. Manage the performance of vendors/suppliers including the development of KPIs to track improvements of budget versus actual spending.
7. Responsible for the preparation of Request for Quotation (RFQ) and in organizing tender evaluation submission and follow up.
8. Ensure adherence to the purchasing polices are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the Company.
1. Degree holder in Finance with Purchasing and Supply Chain Management business discipline and/or Engineering discipline.
2. Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role.
3. Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
4. Ability to understand financial statements.
5. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
6. Ability to communicate effectively through presentations, emails, 121 and team discussions.
7. Result oriented and with the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment.