Responsible to project a positive image of the organization through creation of media from press releases to social media messages and increase the awareness of the organization and its goals.
Day-to-day work includes:
• Study and understand the organisation's objectives, policies and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, events, ideas, and services.
• Handle the creation of PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet the objectives and analyse the outcome.
• Build and maintain relationships with key and relevant members of stakeholders, community and media.
• Connect the key players or representatives of the organization with media for interviews, arrange press conference and other events, compose web copy and create newsletters.
• Write press releases and speeches for ASM events as well as handle media relations and enquiries.
• Strategise, plan, curate and manage social media campaigns which includes writing corporate content for website and digital channels (ie. LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter, etc), copy writing including blog posts and feature articles.
• Develop and produce short videos for pre, during and post event or promo videos.
• Monitor news related to ASM and news related to science, engineering and technology, analyse the news coverage and generate periodic reports.
Independent and self-motivated. Creative, analytical and have critical thinking, assertive, proactive and result oriented. Quick and enthusiastic learner. An outgoing personality and have ability to build mutually beneficial relationships. Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills. Ability to pitch to media. Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
• Degree in Public Relations or Mass Communications or Marketing or Journalism.
• Work experience in journalism, broadcasting and/or public relations.
• Candidate with work experience from PR or Creative Agency with experience in copywriting is preferred.
• Must have excellent understanding of branding and communications scope of work.
• Must have strong writing, verbal, and presentation skills; be well organized and detail oriented, and also be assertive and comfortable reaching out to others. Having a solid aptitude for marketing can also be very helpful.
• High competency in using computer, Microsoft office software and internet tools.