• The role requires experience in software development and broad technical knowledge with the ability to facilitate the mapping of business requirements to an end to end technical solution.
• Own, lead and manage all aspects of software development projects from conception to production: scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality and team management.
• Manage deployment and release of code to different environments, and be able to communicate effectively and timely to product/business owners as well as other stakeholders
• Negotiate scope, define/identify tasks, assign ownership to tasks, determine dependencies, and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders alike
• Assume scrum master responsibilities, including prioritizing sprint work, estimating user stories, removing roadblocks for the team, facilitating UI/UX and technical design sessions, and running other scrum ceremonies
• Ensure features are decomposed into executable user stories and use business acumen to assign and prioritize among the team
• Our dev team is lean, so there will be a multitude of opportunities that you can take part in to help you grow professionally from both a technical and leadership perspective. A typical day could be 70% Project Management and 30% Software Development depending on business needs. Adaptability is key in successfully managing the team, projects and contributing directly to development efforts when necessary.
• 3+ years of management experience with a technical and/or product team
• 2+ years working with user stories and prioritizing requirements
• You hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
• You have a teaching mindset and use strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills in tandem with diplomacy and organizational awareness to lead your team to success
• You have a strong work ethic with a "Whatever It Takes" mentality