To ensure all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds, mechanical equipment, guestrooms and utility systems are maintained in excellent condition. Accountable for managing the maintenance budget, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements and leadership of the Health & Safety program.
• Develop and implement a preventative maintenance and upgrade plan to cover all tasks to be completed on a regular basis, to ensure building, equipment and grounds are maintained in excellent condition
• Troubleshoot and repair (or sub-contract) malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel; communicate with other departments to ensure timely response to issues
• Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities; monitor and coordinate outside contractors in accordance with all contracts, service agreements and warranties
• Review ongoing service contracts to ensure superior performance and competitive pricing
• Monitor energy and water management programs to ensure cost effective use of utilities
• Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures for the Maintenance Department
• Develop and maintain records of all maintenance work, including inspections, certifications, reports and logs
• Maintain adequate inventory of tools, equipment and stock; place orders when necessary
• Lead hotel Health and Safety Program; ensure the hotel complies with all government regulations
pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and safety programs, including employee training
• Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
• Any other job duties and responsibilities may assign by the Management that may be required from time to time.
• Proven experience as maintenance manager in related field
• Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Engineering (Others) or equivalent
• Preferably Manager specialized in Hotel Management/Tourism Services or equivalent.
• Preferably with AO Chargeman Certificate.
• Experience in planning maintenance operations
• Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
• Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
• Ability to keep track of and report on activity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities