We are looking for a professional Database Administrator (DBA) to keep database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
• Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
• Develop processes for optimizing database security.
• Set and maintain database standards.
• Manage database access.
• Performance tuning of database systems.
• Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
• Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
• Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
• Create automation for repeating database tasks.
• Be available for on-call support as needed.
• Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
• Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and
performance monitoring standards
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
• PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
• Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
• Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
• One to three years of experience in database administration, information
technology, database architecture, or a related field
• MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
• Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
• Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL
• Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus