In your capacity as the Engineering Manager, you will be assigned to:–
a) Managing overall project execution, coordinating work between field personnel, preparing reports, monitor project deliverables, liaison with Client, local authorities and stakeholders, design and prepare engineering drawing for slope repairs.
b) Planning, directing and conducting investigative work to analyse the likely behaviour of soil and rock when placed under pressure by proposed structures, and designs above and below ground foundations.
c) Managing in performing geotechnical site investigations and analyses
d) Managing site assessments to determine appropriate location for structures / foundations.
e) Lead the design team all facets of geotechnical works including Earthwork, Water Reticulation, Water Reservoirs, Sewerage Reticulation, STP, NPS, Road and Drainage System.
f) Selection, coordination, and management of subcontractors, cost estimating, and management of the scope, schedule, and budget for various projects.
g) Leads and manages team of project engineers, construction, engineering and other project personnel through day-to-day execution of capital program addressing safety, cost, schedule, quality, engineering, procurement, construction, and overall team dynamics.
h) Ensures goal alignment at all levels within program and projects team maintaining unified focus on defined objectives and desired outcomes
i) Report & specification writing and management/interaction with project staff, clients and regulatory agencies.
j) Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients
k) Encourages commitment to environment of continuous improvement
l) Provides structured forum for communication and interface management across project to ensure quality, value, timeliness.
m) Ensures open communication and cooperation among team and stakeholders.
n) Monitors individual project costs and quality to ensure value and technical performance
o) Identifies and resolves key issues impacting projects’ schedule, cost and quality. Defines, reviews and manages potential scope change decisions in accordance with established change management objectives.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• MUST be a Professional Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia
• Must have minimum 10 years of experience in Civil, infrastructure and geotechnical engineering design with consultant engineering experience
• Conversant with geotechnical soil and slope structure in Sarawak
• Preferably Senior Engineer specializing in geotechnical Engineering having mandatory experience with large scale urban development projects with at least minimum 1000 acres project exposure
• Must have experience on the preparation tender document, contract document and verify the contractor progress payment.
• Candidate must be able to work independently and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with proven capacity in managing, proficient in English, liaising with Clients, Consultants, Authorities, Contractors and staff at all levels.
• Candidate must be proactive in problem solving and high analytical acumen with an eye for detail is compulsory
• Excellent public speaking and English oral and written skills is a must
• Required Skill(s): AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Project. Good in MS Words, MS Excel, MS Power Point.
• Applicants must be Malaysian citizens