ASM has embarked on a two-year project – the Malaysian Open Science Platform (MOSP) which aims to make Malaysia’s research data as a valuable national asset by developing a trusted platform that enables accessibility and sharing of research data aligned to national priorities and international best practices. This is in line with the international principle of making research data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) in order to democratize knowledge, reinforce open scientific inquiry and integrity, enable better research management, and promote open innovation, citizen science as well as data-intensive research. Integrating the diverse data streams and huge datasets across multiple disciplines offers unprecedented insights and solutions towards local, regional and global complex challenges.
ASM invites qualified Malaysians with demonstrable leadership skills and strong understanding of Open Science to apply for the following vacancy:
Strategise, coordinate, and oversee the implementation of the Malaysian Open Science Platform (MOSP). The MOSP Manager will be required to develop policy and guideline, carryout capacity and awareness programmes as well as oversee the designing and development of the infrastructure needed for the implementation of Open Science platform in Malaysia.
• Candidate must possess dynamic leadership qualities, strategic thinking, and ability to demonstrate resourcefulness in guiding and leading the team towards achieving the project goals.
• Candidate must be able to work with multi-level people, working committees, and stakeholders and able to consolidate ideas and input. Candidate must be able to follow directions and able to give and receive constructive criticism.
• Independent and self-motivated. Analytical and have critical thinking, assertive, proactive, result-oriented, and eye for detail.
• The candidate must be result-driven, has good interpersonal and people management skills as well as upholds qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the project mission.
• Candidates with minimum Masters in any science-related field. Candidates with Ph.D. may apply.
• Experience in research and has a strong understanding of R&D and its ecosystem.
• Candidates with experience in the managerial role are encouraged to apply.