ASM invites Malaysians with strong passion and interest in Science Policy to apply:
Analyse, interpret data and write reports for ASM studies.
Your key task on a normal day includes:
• Perform STI intelligence and horizon scanning.
• Conduct data gathering, interpret data and analyse results using analytics, research methodologies, and statistical techniques.
• Write evidence-based advisory and consultancy reports.
• Prepare narratives or graphical forms of data that yield valuable insights to ASM stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate findings through presentations and reports.
• Coordinate and manage studies or research projects.
An ideal candidate is a vivid reader who keeps abreast on the advancement of science, engineering and technology and has strong appreciation of social, economic, and geo-political issues that influence regional science and technology developments.
A team player, critical thinker, dynamic, inquisitive, meticulous, able to work under tight deadline and multiple projects, organised and structured working style, independent, resourceful, self-motivated and entrepreneurial and has positive attitude.
• Good managerial skills and interpersonal skills as well as well-balanced emotional intelligence.
• Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Ability to write reports, narratives, correspondences and minutes of meeting.
• Excellent listening skills and comprehension on science related topics.
• Advanced knowledge in Ms Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as application software such as adobe and search engines.
• Proficiency in statistics and dataset analytics (using SPSS, SAS, Excel).
• Candidates with strong passion and interest in science policy with Hons Degree/ Master in any field may apply.
• Experience in policy studies, applied mathematics, statistics or data analytics is important.
• Candidate with working experience as research assistant or similar roles are encouraged to apply.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience is required for this position.