The primary role is to assist the Group HR Manager to inculcate, install and maintain a healthy, safe and secure work environment and condition for the group of companies.
Safety and Health
• To be responsible for promoting positive health and safety culture in a workplace.
• To identify the unsafe practices & unsafe condition/near missed condition in the company.
• To draw up safe operational practices necessary to minimize risk of workplace accidents
• To develop and implement internal health & safety policies/strategies necessary for optimized work processes
• To develop the health & Safety measures for the plant.
• To educate the safety & health procedures to the employees
• To conduct risk assessments and site inspections to identify work areas that pose threats to life and property.
• To carry out investigations on incidents, complaints, and recurrent health cases to identify and provide solutions to workplace situations.
• To inspect work machinery and equipment to ensure correct and safe installation.
• To maintain accurate reports and to prepare periodic safety & health statistic to present to the Group HR Manager and the Management.
• To make recommendations to management on fire regulations, occupational diseases, and waste disposal.
• To develop and implement policies and procedure to maintain the security standards
• To demonstrate surveillance and excellent emergency response skills
• Strong enforcement in security rules and regulations to ensure hazard free and no threat to safety of the employees, visitors, property and the plant/company
• To train and supervise security guards ensuring they are competent at all times.
Building and Facility Management
• To manage and maintain the Company building, facility and equipment ensuring they are in good conditions.
• To monitor the expiry of the building, facility and equipment licenses and to ensure they are renewed before expiry.
• To develop the checklist for regular servicing and repairing/maintenance schedule
• To ensure the regular checking is performed and monitored
• To recommend the most economical maintenance ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree in risk management, engineering, safety management, or in a related discipline. Certification from recognized occupational health and safety body is necessary
• At least 5 years of solid working experience in related field with warehouse or manufacturing background will be an added advantage.
• Incumbent with the ability to communicate in English & Malay ideally with Chinese proficiency is preferred
• Willing to travel within the Group of Companies