• To lead the design, development and maintenance of advanced Android and iPhone applications using Native and Hybrid technologies.
• To supervise and oversee work done by juniors and other application developers as well as provide necessary technical guidance.
• To provide unit-testable code covering edge cases, usability and general reliability.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Work with server-side development teams to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
• Work with the UI/UX specialists to build mobile app interfaces with focus on usability and compelling device specific UI and experiences
• Optimizing performance for mobile apps
• Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge in mobile application development with:
o Minimum of 3-years hands-on experience in iOS Mobile Application Development utilizing Swift/Objective-C and XCode for iOS, OR
o Minimum of 3-years hands-on experience in Android Mobile Application Development utilizing Java/Kotlin/Flutter and Android Studio for Android, OR
o Minimum of 3-years hands-on experience in Hybrid Mobile Application Development utilizing React Native or NativeScript
• Hands-on experience with RESTful APIs and XML Web Service integration and semantics.
• Hands-on experience with mobile application design patterns, including MVVM, MVP and reactive programming (RxJava, RxSwift)
• Hands-on experience with source code management, continuous integration and automated deployments.
• Hands-on experience with Local Storage, Local DB (SQLite) and/or ORM libraries.
• Hands-on experience with common mobile libraries, e.g. Retrofit and Butterknife
• Hands-on experience with social media APIs
• Published examples of mobile applications on iOS App Store and/or Google Play
• Meticulous in code discipline, able to quickly write code that is good, functional, clean and consistent.
• Able to work independently and able to distribute and monitor tasks within a team environment.
• Independently and frequently keep up-to-date on recent mobile technologies and developments.
• Keenly sensitive to the factors that lead to good UI/UX on a mobile application.