- This individual should possess a background in mechanical engineering, as well as experience in machine design (the design/build of automated production equipment) using 3D Modelling on Solid Work and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor. He/she is responsible for mechanical design of systems from concept through acceptance testing. This includes responsibility for master layout and all aspects of the mechanical design, working with and coordinating other mechanical engineers on project, controls, and software engineers to make sure the design meets performance, budget, and time line requirements.
- Works closely with entire Mechanical Engineering department and cooperate closely with all other departments (Controls, Software, Purchasing, Fabrication, Applications, and Service).
- Help in generating technical concepts, layouts, technical calculations and cost calculations.
- Preparation of production documentation, drawings, bills of material. Support production team during the final stage of fine tuning of the machine.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering specializing in Mechanical Design or Mechanical Engineering.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience designing complex automation systems for the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industries.
· Strong interest in robotics and automation and capable of designing tooling from sketches or verbal concepts and able to independently complete all specific responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances. Knowledge of calculating forces (inertia, torque, etc.) in order to perform engineering calculations relating to machine and tool designs.
· Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.