Assist the CEO of The Royal Press (TRP) in managing an efficient daily operation of the Museum.
1. Ensure the proper execution of the Museum budget by supervising the annual budget and maintaining and/or tracking all Museum financial records.
2. Ensure TRP is operating on a healthy profit level and continuously think of ways to manage cost better.
3. Maintaining and governing the museum Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
4. Maintain all financial records and accounting data by ensuring all sales/donations/sponsorship are received, processed, deposited, and credited properly to the Museum.
5. Takes the lead in efforts to increase visitor numbers to the Museum, especially paid visitors, and coordinates and participates in the Museum’s efforts to market its activities more widely.
6. Ensure efficient daily operation of the Museum by planning resources efficiently (manpower scheduling, machineries, supplies, system, financial resources)
7. Supervise and coach museum employees to ensure they deliver optimum work productivity and utmost profesionalism.
8. Suggest to the CEO on suitable educational programs, special events, and exhibits that can help TRP reaches its objectives.
9. Monitors emerging trends and best practices in the field of museum/ retail management.
10. Monitor stocks of retail merchandise to ensure they are stocked up based on Just enough and Just In Time basis.
11. Study and propose to the CEO on ways to clear slow moving retail merchandise.
12. Attend necessary meetings/ discussions with relevant stakeholders pertaining to the TRP operations.
13. Prepare and submit timely analysis and reports to the CEO, as and when required to collaboratively study ways to improve TRP operations.
1. As part of TRP work values, the Museum Operations Manager must portray a professional, friendly and helpful behavior at work to their colleagues and visitors.
2. The Museum Operations Manager may be required to work longer working hour whenever there are tour group/ events.
3. The Museum Operations Manager must be able to work on peak period (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) to accommodate the high volume of visitors.
4. It is the due responsibility of the Museum Operations Manager to ensure a safe environment in TRP for the safety of themselves, the co-workers and the general public.
5. To uphold the good image of TRP at all time.
6. To protect the stakeholders’ interest.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills
1. Reliable and good work ethics
2. Sound knowledge and experience of museum/ retail/ hospitality management
3. Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
4. Strong organizational skills are required.
5. Must possess leadership and management skills to operate a 7-day a week operation (Monday-Sunday).
6. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Must have ability to accurately track and manage multiple projects simultaneously
8. Must possess capability of near error-free accounting and outstanding attention to detail.
9. Evidence of success in strategic planning, introducing and managing change in complex environments, budget planning and administration, and evidence-based assessment.
10. Must have the ability to think about problems and be creative in thinking about solutions as well as resolute in their implementation