Assist the Museum Operations Manager in providing a welcoming, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience to museum visitors through guided tours.
1. Conducting museum tours of approximately 45 minutes in length (each tour).
2. Conducting occasional tours, if necessary (behind the scenes) for VIPs, special visiting groups, etc.
3. Greeting and welcoming tour groups upon their arrival at TRP
4. Dealing skilfully with a variety of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
5. Assisting staff at the information desks/ Retail Assistants by providing information to museum visitors and answering their questions.
6. In the event that there is no tour/ a tour arriving late, docents might wander through TRP exhibition area to engage individual visitors and families in impromptu tours or conversations.
7. Taking responsibility to find a replacement docent if you cannot give a tour that has been assigned to you.
8. Assist the Retail assistant to promote sales of merchandise by incorporating brief details of the merchandise into their tour.
9. Collect feedback from visitors and share them with the Museum Operations Manager to encourage continuous improvement of TRP.
1. As part of TRP work values, the docent must portray a friendly and helpful behavior at work to their colleagues and visitors.
2. Docent may be required to work longer working hour whenever there are big tour group/ events.
3. Docent must be able to work on peak period (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) to accommodate the higher volume of visitors.
4. Docent are required to familiarize self with the museum area and the tour script/verbiage in order to provide informative and interesting tour to visitor. Training will be provided.
5. Docent must take initiative to improve their skills in providing tour, following feedbacks from the Museum Operations Manager/ CEO.
6. Docent must at all-time be aware of the safety aspect of the tour by incorporating brief information on safety precautions into their tour script.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills
1. Enjoy meeting and interacting with people and is comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
2. Reliable and punctual
3. Knowledge of or willingness to learn about a museum.
4. Portray a happy and bubbly personality, brimming with energy and enthusiastic.
5. Has good command of English & BM.
6. Has good voice projection and is animated in presenting.
7. Agility in learning and wants to continuously improve self. Capable of learning new material rapidly and willing to invest time and expend the effort necessary to study material
8. Physically able to lead tours around the museum