Play a key role in helping customers choose between TRP array of goods and services, process payments and maintain a high level of customer service.
1. Greet customers and make them feel welcome
2. Be attentive to customers, providing answers to any questions. If questions are too technical/ high level, direct visitor to the Docent/ Museum Operations Manager.
3. Make recommendations on merchandise for customer based on their request.
4. Assist shoppers with merchandise (proper sizing/quantity, color choices, collecting items from back inventory if needed, etc.)
5. Restock items that are running low and maintain proper display appearances
6. Assist with inventory counts and placement of new products, including new in-store or window displays
7. Handle customer complaints and concerns calmly; find a reasonable solution (calling on the Museum Operations Manager only when necessary)
8. Keep a watchful eye for theft or mishandling of merchandise; act according to company policy
9. Ensure customers are well-informed on any current sales, rewards programs, and store return policy
10. Process payment by using cash register, credit card machines, and/or POS (point of sale) computer system
11. Assist with some basic reception/ information desk job.
1. As part of TRP work values, the Retail Assistant must portray a friendly and helpful behavior at work to their colleagues and visitors.
2. May be required to work longer working hour whenever there are big tour group/ events.
3. Must be able to work on peak period (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) to accommodate the higher volume of visitors.
4. Required to familiarize self with all the merchandise sold in TRP. Training will be provided.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills
1. Reliable, punctual and good work integrity (especially on Honesty).
2. Previous retail and/or sales experience is a major plus.
3. Computer literate and comfortable using POS systems
4. Thrives working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
5. Physically fit, able to work long hours on one’s feet
6. Must be a fast learner and able to think quickly on one’s feet
7. Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills
8. Is patient and has good emotional quotient in dealing with difficult visitors.
9. Maintain a professional and pleasant appearance and body language.