Assist the Museum Operations Manager in maintaining the cleanliness and serenity of landscape in The Royal Press (TRP) for the general public. The primary objective of the caretaker is to present a clean, comfortable & presentable museum to the visitors.
1. Assist in providing daily general cleaning, such as dusting, wiping and sweeping of areas, cleaning of washrooms, organizing of objects before it is open to the public.
2. Clean landscape areas that are planted with greeneries. Ensure they are free from dry, fallen leaves/ litters.
3. Prune, water and fertilise plants accordingly to keep them in good shape.
4. Ensure food waste/ rubbishes are handled and disposed properly every end of the day.
5. Help set up and provide cleaning services for any events/ tour group organized by The Royal Press.
6. Help with the daily cleaning up after the museum is closed for the day.
7. Answer visitor courteously on basic directional questions.
8. Direct visitor to the right Person in Charge if unable to answer any high-level question.
1. As part of TRP work values, the caretaker must portray a friendly and helpful behavior at work to their colleagues and visitors.
2. Caretakers may be required to work longer working hour whenever there are big tour group/ events.
3. Caretakers must be able to work on peak period (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) to accommodate the higher volume of visitors.
4. Caretakers are required to familiarize self with the museum area in order to provide good directions to visitor. Training will be provided.
5. It is the responsibility of the caretaker to maintain a tip top museum condition before, during and after the operation hours.
6. Caretaker must at all time be aware of safety work practices to ensure the safety of themselves and the general public.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills
1. Reliable and punctual
2. Knowledge of or willingness to learn about proper museum care
3. Attention to detail
4. Is comfortable of moving around to perform task.