About the position:
• Operation and maintenance of network operations, including , WatchGuard Firewall, Windows servers, Linux servers, AWS instances, backup applications, anti-virus and patch management updates.
• Coordination with IT Head to support local and corporate initiatives, including WAN security, security audits, software licensing, account management and required regulations.
• Support of proprietary and Microsoft business applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and other business tools or applications.
• Provide support of network, wireless network and users, including Executive team, with potential evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Comply with company policies and regulatory standards, including company IT requirements, purchasing procedures.
• Successfully complete IT projects, including scheduling, research, planning, fulfillment, documentation and training.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed on the network.
• Assist personnel of other departments as an IT resource.
• Proactively provide technology improvement recommendations.
• Work closely with Help Desk and IT Head on multiple company initiatives.
• Plan, implement, maintain, support and audit network security, including file permissions, creating backup and disaster recovery plans, secure connections to data-centers and the internet via VPN, file system integrity.
• Support corporate IT initiatives and policies, including security audits, Local regulations, purchasing and security policies.
• Research, evaluate and recommend purchases of infrastructure hardware, computers, network hardware and peripheral equipment, including time and cost estimates, as related to project needs.
• Maintain software licensing on a local office and company basis.
• Document network design, problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Communicate complex technical concepts clearly and succinctly with professionalism, tact, courtesy and patience to all levels of the organization.
• Resolve user identified problems through troubleshooting, root-causes identification and solution implementation and confirmation.
• Develop and conduct various user training sessions, including new user orientation and ongoing training, to assist users in maximizing the use of networks and computing systems.
• Ensure timely user notification and explanation of scheduled and unscheduled system outages, including cause, duration, updates and resolutions.
• Must possess considerable knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment, Linux & Windows Server technologies, backup solutions, patch management, anti-virus, desktop imaging and systems monitoring tools.
• Experience in wide-area (WAN and Cloud) and local-area (LAN) network management, and wireless.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor Degree preferred